Saturday, March 31, 2012

Suit up!

For your consideration this fine Saturday, the brand new anthology Armored, from Baen, which features brand new military SF short stories on the theme of power armour and mecha warriors. There's some serious writing firepower in this book, including Al Reynolds, Lauren Beukes, Sean Williams, Brandon Sanderson... Look, I tell you what, this is the link you need rather than me just blathering on about the book. It's a great deal more coherent and informative than me. It'll tell you about the contributors, about the content, and about how to get the book as a book or as an ebook.

I bring it to your attention because it's a cracking collection. I also mention it because, yes, I have a story in it. As with all the contributors, I was asked by John, the editor, to tackle the subject of power-armoured soldiers from an angle that interested me. And given my time on the frontline with the Adeptus Astartes, I decided to go somewhere else with the trope for a change. Hence my rather off-beat tale, Death Reported of Last Surviving Veteran of Great War.

I hope you enjoy it. I know you'll enjoy the collection. If in doubt, Keep Calm And Pack Heat.

5 comments:

McKennsy said...

Zing!! Lokks like a good collection. You gotta love a bit of Mecha now and again.

Will Wright said...

Hey Dan,Not sure if you can confirm,is Interceptor City a go?
Heard some rumblings,from "They"

Blitzspear said...

Jack McDevitt my second fave author after you of course Dan ;) Will be picking this one up sure as sure. I've not heard any rumblings from "They" but this may be a different "They" from Will's "They". Could possibly be "Them" and not "They" at all, just pretending to be "They" to put us of the scent :)

Unknown said...

Very cool! Can't wait to read it :) Just curious, though, when will it be available for Kindle?...or will it?

Anonymous said...

Still enjoying your stuff when I see it. Enjoying resurrection man, got me started in comics when I noticed it at the shop. Hoping for a Darkblade update at some point.